ICOS Switzerland, with its two unique measurements stations and its exceptional geographical location in the central part of the Alps, is an out-standing node within the ICOS RI network.
About ICOS Switzerland
The ICOS-CH consortium consists of project members from ETH Zurich, Empa, WSL, University of Bern, University of Basel and MeteoSwiss.
- ETH Zurich: Prof. Nina Buchmann (National ICOS Focal Point), Dr. Susanne Burri (National ICOS Coordinator)
- Swiss Federal Laboratories for Materials Science and Technology (Empa): Dr. Lukas Emmenegger, Dr. Martin Steinbacher (MSA Atmosphere Chair)
- University of Berne: Prof. Markus Leuenberger
- Swiss Federal Institute for Forest, Snow and Landscape Research (WSL): Dr. Roman Zweifel
- University of Basel: Dr. Franz Conen
- Federal Office of Meteorology and Climatology MeteoSwiss: Dr. Alexander Haefele
ICOS-CH has been funded by the European Commission (Preparatory Phase, 2008-2012), the Swiss National Science Foundation (SNSF) and in-house contributions. (Implementation Phase, Phase 1: 2013-2017, Phase 2: 2017-2021).